The 2013 GPET Convention will be held at the Crown Perth on Wednesday 11 and Thursday 12 September.
The GPET Convention provides an annual national forum for those involved in education and trianing in general practice and rural medicine. Click on the link below to read the objectives of the GPET Convention.
Registrations now open!
Registrations are now open for the 2013 GPET Convention, which will be held on Wednesday 11 and Thursday 12 September at the Crown Perth. Click here to register online today.
Poster abstract submissions close 24 July 2013!
The Call for Abstracts for paper presentations and workshops closed on 30 March. However, submissions are still open for poster abstracts. Poster submissions will close on Sunday 14 July.
Download the Call for Abstracts brochure and submit your abstract online at http://www.onqconferences.com.au/gpet2013/cfa_2013.php
The official 2013 GPET Convention website can be found at the link below, the website will be updated with relevant Convention details and information regarding registration and abstract submission in due course.
The 2012 Convention theme is 'Mining for gold in general practice education'. Three underlying sub-themes will structure and stream the Convention program. The sub-themes are:
- eTraining and eHealth – incorporating models of eEducation, including distance education, and the use of technology and social media, for example: You Tube, Twitter, Tablets; electronic delivery of patient care; and the future ePractice.
- Accessibility and social inclusion – incorporating registrar and junior doctor accessibility to training; accessibility of OTDs to education, training and support; and training within and for the care of potentially marginalised groups, for example: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, refugees, prisoners and the homeless.
- A day in the life of… a registrar, a junior doctor, a supervisor, an educator, an RTP staff member, a patient, an OTD, an Aboriginal doctor, a Torres Strait Islander doctor, a mentor, a practice manager – what is your experience in GP training, what are your challenges and opportunities, what are your solutions?
2013 GPET Awards
Nominations for the 2013 GPET Awards will open in April 2013. The GPET Awards honour significant contributions from individuals and organisations involved in the Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) program, including registrars, supervisors, educators, regional training providers (RTPs), RTP staff and organisations working closely with RTPs and that contribute to the AGPT program. The awards will be presented at the GPET Convention in Perth.
For information on the 2012 awards visit the GPET Awards webpage .
To keep up to date on all the Convention news follow us @GPETConvention or visit https://twitter.com/GPETConvention and discover the hash tag #GPET13.
For any queries regarding the Convention please contact:
- Conference Organiser on (02) 6288 3998 or via email at email@example.com
- Convention Co-Convenor, Lauren Watt, on (02) 6263 6782 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view information, presentations and programs from previous Conventions please click on the relevant links below: